Digital Solutions and Innovation Intern
Position Type: Internship (Stipend)
Reports To: Director of Strategic Finance Initiatives
Work Location: Virtual
Level of Travel Required: None
Duration: 9 Weeks (May 2023-July 2023)
Application Deadline: March 17, 2023
The Institute for Capacity Building was launched by UNCF President and CEO Dr. Michael Lomax in 2006 to provide targeted capacity-building resources to help UNCF’s member institutions improve admission, retention, and graduation rates. Historically, ICB offered discrete technical assistance in Enrollment Management, Institutional Advancement, Executive Leadership, Facilities & Infrastructure Enhancement, Institutional Effective, and Fiscal and Strategic Technical Assistance. While the provided technical assistance was helpful, ICB leaders recognized a need to shift our methodology from discrete technical assistance to a more holistic approach. Read more about UNCF’s Institute for Capacity Building on our new website www.uncficb.org and follow us on our social media pages on Twitter (@uncficb), LinkedIn (UNCF Institute for Capacity Building.
Core to all change initiatives is identifying core capacities – people, processes, and technologies – needed to execute and sustain efforts in the short- and long-term. Capacity building also includes strengthening, replacing, and sharing institutional resources.
ICB uses a resiliency-focused approach that seeks to grow HBCU impact while deepening HBCU connections and influence. We define resiliency as the institutional ability to achieve success today while future-proofing its operations for tomorrow. Resiliency is driven in our view by three factors:
- Effectiveness, or the institutional ability to recruit, enroll, retain, and graduate students while delivering a 21st century-ready educational experience.
- Competitiveness, or the institutional ability to distinguish itself through its academic program, institutional experience, and student outcomes; and
- Viability, or the institutional ability to leverage and/or secure institutional resources to deliver against its mission and purpose.
UNCF – Institute for Capacity Building (ICB) is seeking a finance intern to join the Strategic Finance Institute (SFI) team in support of strategic priorities of UNCF and ICB leadership. We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated intern to share their expertise in compiling financial and statistical data from financial statements and other sources working with and for non-profit organizations. The person must have a desire in the development and execution of an assessment to identify ideal business models of lower resource institutions. Additionally, experience in analyzing & understanding data, advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel and data mining would be ideal. We are currently seeking enthusiastic interns who can work full-time (35 hours per week) between May 2023 and July 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of an institutional engagement plan.
- Assist in communication with all DSI stakeholders.
- Develop a final report of internship activities.
- Support DSI projects as necessary.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate degree program
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task competing project and priorities
- Intermediate to advanced level in PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing skills.
Application must include the following
- Current resume/CV
- Unofficial transcript from undergraduate program
- List of three professional/academic references
Please submit application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: 2023 Digital Solutions and Innovation Internship